Beginning Band and Orchestra
If you are on the Waiting List, Mrs. Seidman will contact you about instrument availability.
There are currently NO Band instruments available for this year.
A few Orchestra instruments might be available shortly.
Band and Orchestra Instruments
Class Descriptions-BAND & ORCHESTRA:
- Students learn to read music and play traditional woodwind, brass or orchestral string instruments.
- A limited amount of instruments Is available to loan from the school, or students may provide their own. Local music stores also have instruments to rent.
- BAND instruments include Flute, Clarinet, Alto & Tenor Saxophone (WOODWINDS); Trumpet, Trombone & Baritone Horn (BRASS); Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Cymbals, Auxiliary Percussion-Tambourine, Cowbell, Shakers, etc.-Bells (PERCUSSION).
- ORCHESTRA instruments include Violin, Viola, and Cello (STRINGS).
- We do not have Basses to loan but Electric Bass Guitar players are welcome in the BAND. (The orchestral Double Bass is too large for elementary students.)
- Percussionists will learn how to practice their parts at home without any special equipment. Students are encouraged to get their own set of 5B drumsticks for home practice, but this is NOT a requirement.
POLICIES and PROCEDURES:
- Method Books can be checked out and returned in good condition at the end of the school year. Sheet music for concerts is also provided. Take your instrument and music home and “Practice until it’s FUN!”
- Students are encouraged to wear our KAISER KNIGHTS Music T-shirt and any appropriate black/dark bottom for all performances. More information on T-shirts will be available after rehearsals are in session.
- Students are expected to attend every scheduled rehearsal. Parents will be contacted after 3 absences to verify the student’s desire to continue.
- I use School Loop Email and Groups to communicate with parents concerning volunteer opportunities, concert dates, or just for positive feedback.